    Ken Starlin Guest

    How do I set up a conditional format for a cell that I want to change once
    the value becomes greater than the value of another cell

    Ken Starlin, Nov 7, 2008

  2. Ken Starlin

    Pete_UK Guest

    Imagine you want to change the format of A2 depending on the value in
    B2. Select cell A2 and click on Format | Conditional Formatting, and
    in the pop-up you should choose Formula Is rather than cell Value Is
    in the first box. Then in the next box you can enter this formula:

    =A2>B2

    Click on the Format button and then choose the Patterns tab (for
    background colour) and choose a colour. Click OK twice to exit the
    dialogue box.

    Now if A2 is larger than B2 the background colour will change. If A2
    is not larger than B2 then the background colour will revert to
    normal.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

    Pete_UK, Nov 7, 2008

  3. Ken Starlin

    Ken Starlin Guest

    Re: Conditional format - value of one cell greater than another ce

    That's how I used to do it in Excel 2003, but I'm not sure how to get there
    in Excel 2007. I can't find the pop up to change from "formula is" to "cell
    value" is.

    Ken Starlin, Nov 7, 2008
  4. Ken Starlin

    Pete_UK Guest

    Re: Conditional format - value of one cell greater than another ce

    I'm sorry, Ken, I don't have XL2007, so I can't help you there.

    Perhaps someone else will chip in ... ?

    Pete

    Pete_UK, Nov 7, 2008
  5. Ken Starlin

    Fred Smith Guest

    Re: Conditional format - value of one cell greater than another ce

    Try this:

    Home>Conditional Formatting>New Rule...>Use a formula to determine which
    cells to format>Enter formula>Set format

    Regards,
    Fred.

    Fred Smith, Nov 7, 2008