Component Transfer Error During Game Install

Reaction score
hello,

ive been trying to install Neverwinter Nights Platinum Edition for two days now. It accepts my keys and starts to install, but stops.

and I get a component error transfer message saying it cant find the file specified.

the file its looking for is this;

C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{C1583439-B034-4881-819C-D52A0587662B}-\layout.bin

After I click ok the entire install shuts down and closes.

I've downloaded and installed fixes for install shield and still nothing. My computer is brand new, I just bought it a few days ago, and I have not yet made any alterations to any programs. Or installed any large files or programs.

The game is supposed to install this file. Yet everytime I try to install the game, it does this.

Ive cleaned the disk numerous times, it's a fairly brand new game.

Ive tried tech support sites and communities. Nothing addresses my specific problem. I did how ever find a problem concerning this file, but during uninstall, not install.

So, I've decided to post about my specific problem. Can anyone here help me?? Any advice or help is greatly appreicated.

Last edited:

Ask a Question