    boxes...help!!!
    --
    Anthony

    Guest, Mar 16, 2006

    I work for an oil and gas company and we track all owners by name and
    numbers...on each form i have a combo box for each with the owner box
    automatically populating the owner name box...however at any given time an
    analyst may need to select or include more than one owner...so i was
    wondering is there a way to have access populate, say text boxes based on the
    selection made within the combo boxes for owner number and name...
    Thanks...
    --
    Anthony

    Guest, Mar 16, 2006

    Crap--I wrote this long answer out and it didn't post so I'm posting the
    shorter version..forgive my laziness. :)

    It sounds as if you have some design issues so if like help with that, post
    back.

    A combo box cannot be used to select multiple items, but a list box can.
    However you'll need to use VBA to populate the text boxes but this will cause
    you problems because how you handle 1 owner verus 5 owners will be difficult
    to populate in a table.

    Guest, Mar 16, 2006

    I kind of figured with thousands of owners, either it couldn't be done or it
    would be highly complex, for me at least.

    As for the design, i simply created a form and tied each related object. But
    now as we get ready to roll out these automated forms people are saying, "do
    this or do that," and i am not an access expert by no means. when it gets
    pass db design, table design and simple queries, I'm lost in the woods...

    Listen i thank for your time and access wisdom...

    Have a awesome weekend...
    --
    Anthony

    Guest, Mar 17, 2006

    Ah, scope creep is always a daunting task to deal with...

    If you need anymore help, simple post again. Have a great weekend.

    Guest, Mar 17, 2006

    Hello, hope your weekend was awesome...

    according to your experience with rolling out or sharing an access database,
    what would be the best way to give access to about 90 people in the same
    department and having access to the same network drive and folders???

    Thanks
    --
    Anthony

    Guest, Mar 22, 2006