Code 10, no audio device.

Reaction score
Can someone PLEASE help me? I have a brand new acer, Aspire 3002LC laptop with AVG fully installed. I went to play a dvd & could'nt get any sound. My computer is telling me 'code 10' & no 'audio device'. I have tryed system restore twice but to no avail. Media player 10 was updated & it happened directly after that. Is there a chance the program was'nt fully installed? How would I fix that? Also my volume control on the bottom right-hand corner of my computer has dissapeared. Could somebody please attempt to explain how to fix this probelm in very simple terms. I am not great with computers. Much appreciated x

pikakilla

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
hi noclue
i presume its on board sound?
i would check in your bios tha onboard sound is enabled
check for any updates for the laptop
reinstall wmp 10

Reaction score
Im not up to the speed of the guys on here but a similar thing happend to me and it turned out windows update had updated my sound card driver and i had to roll the driver back,hope this is of help.

Reaction score
First, download freeware EVEREST Home Edition from Lavalys.
Install and start it.
When it is started, from the left panel select "Multimedia", then "PCI/PnP Audio".
On the right panel you should see your sound card(s) descriptions.

Then use Google to find drivers for it

Ask a Question