Coconut restaurant.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I managed to get a couple of short movies of a woodpecker that comes to my winter restaurant. The last vid is the best.

https://mega.co.nz/#!lAomWIQB!YFkZ4GqjDl3jhNODb9owlyuqldMLr3QLvMD_pHs7vgQ

https://mega.co.nz/#!ZNg21Q4a!YVFjkwyQ2tRoQMB3tREqkUJoDeB1AMGeZFowTqNs30M

https://mega.co.nz/#!VMJChYoL!Vhzz5CmGuTcxg_SNqHh9ZRahP7c_dSVcbPVNAcTXwUA

Me camera has been shutting down on me lately and I do not know if it is the cold or old age. So I was dead chuffed to get the videos. Woodpeckers move fast and are darn shy.I had two of them feeding one day. One was a duller plumage with a bit more brown and no red I think, reconed they were a male and female but I could be wrong on that.Resolution is 640x480 25fs.:)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Both adult Greater Spotted Woodpeckers have red plumage on their rump, the male also has a red patch on the back of his head. Juveniles also have red head patch but is usually covers a larger area than the adult male.

The Lesser Spotted Woodpecker, very similar, but a smaller bird, has no red rump. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
More reasons I hate Chrome:

'Warning: You are using an out of date browser, load Chrome now'

'Your browser is too old to to download a file this large, load Chrome now'

I am seething :mad: Like, **** Off Google Poxy Chrome, right now, I HATE you!

Blatant lies, how many peoople don't know Chrome are lying to them?

I will NEVER use Chrome, ever.

And THAT is one of the reasons why I don't like commercial online hosting.

Huh.

So no, I didn't get to see dem Wodpeckers, the site wouldn't let me, unless I was forced to install Chrome, which is probably Malware anyway.

**** 'em

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I just downloaded one of the clips via FireFox :confused:

Clicked "No Thanks" to downloading Chrome. Worked just fine. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Do you doubt my word?

I downloaded the first file (after refusing Chrome) but on my attempt at d/l the 2nd file, that's when I was told the file was too large and if I wanted to d/l it I'd have to install Chrome.

And that is the truth.

Chrome is despicable.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
And come to think of it that hosting site is despicable for allowing shoddy practice like that.

Chrome told me my browser was too old on the first instance. I'm using Opera, new version installed this morning (update).

I also sometimes use IE8. And that's it, as far as browsers are concerned.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Who me doubt your word, not me Flops.

Ain't got a clue what is going on. Some folks can download and some can not. I can not sign in to Mega as it keeps telling me I have a wrong password or e-mail.

So me apologies to anyone having trouble.:blush:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well, sorry, but that Chrome crap annoyed the hell outta me. Add to that I've got one blocked lughole, damn wax won't shift, which is making me miserable and spoiling my listening to music, and what you have here is a bear with several thorns in it's paw.

Been putting olive oil in there for 2 weeks now, gonna see quack on Monday and request that syringe thing. From a nurse. I need a nurse. A pretty nurse (copyright 'Popeye' circa '61).

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well, sorry, but that Chrome crap annoyed the hell outta me. Add to that I've got one blocked lughole, damn wax won't shift, which is making me miserable and spoiling my listening to music, and what you have here is a bear with several thorns in it's paw.

Been putting olive oil in there for 2 weeks now, gonna see quack on Monday and request that syringe thing. From a nurse. I need a nurse. A pretty nurse (copyright 'Popeye' circa '61).

I use some stuff from Boots and it liquefies the wax in a couple of days, it does cost money though
thudna5.gif

As to the downloading
228823.gif
some can some can not, thats how high tech works. :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I use some stuff from Boots and it liquefies the wax in a couple of days, it does cost money though
thudna5.gif

As to the downloading
228823.gif
some can some can not, thats how high tech works. :lol:

I've tried some stuff called 'Otex' from the local pharmacist which cost about five and a half quid for a thimbleful which didn't do a carrot. Diddly-squat. Bugger-all. It no shift wax.

So I've been using warmed extra virgin olive oil and a dropper and today - ta-da! - it's showing signs of shifting, now and again I get full clarity, so perseverance is the key.

High tech? Ha-ha-ha! That cheap and shoddy site is a disgrace, lol, as I've always maintained, there's no free lunch and apart from that site's owners getting a free database of millions of images they are taking a nice little earner from Google for trying to foist an unwanted product onto the great unwashed throng out here. **** 'em :)

I have 2Gb web space with my ISP and I'm also lucky enough to have more or less unlimited web space with an American friend in Texas who runs a forum I've been with almost as long as PCRUK.

Which is yet another reason I don't like (or need) online commercially-based hosting.

Bit of a shame, I'd have loved to have seen those other two film clips :(

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
https://copy.com/O1F6OAKfhSmi

Specialy for you flops. I uploaded the woodpecker movies to that Copy site. The last one is in my opinion the best.Peck peck pecking in a snowstorm.

Hope you have better luck downloading this time. :D