Windows XP Cloning HDD to SSD

Reaction score
WOW! You would not beleive what just came in the shop! Some guy, I think he works here at the airforce base, has brought in a 32GB SSD!!! He wants us to clone his 1.8" HDD over to his 1.8" SSD, but I am a little hesitant. First off, the thing costs $900 on the site he bought it from, and I just don't want to pay for a new one if I botch it. I know this is a very rare peice of hardware and it is very unlikely too many people have worked with this thing, but does anyone know if this is something I should even mess with. From what I have read it should be just as easy as cloning to a regular HDD but I can't take a risk. Any advice would be great!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I really don't know much about the particulars of solid state drives, but I really don't see why it could be any different. I've used much smaller solid state drives a few years ago (~500mb) and they were identical to hard drives in every way apart from the fact there was no moving parts.

I presume this one will be just the same, probably even more robost than a hard drive :)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
?
Solid state drives?
sort a like a flash drive?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
$900!! :eek: thats crazy

it should show exactly like a normal HD so you can clone to it like a normal drive

Ask a Question