Clipboard - how many items can it store?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Word New Users' started by Guest, Feb 25, 2004.

    And how do I retrieve more than the last item?

    Guest, Feb 25, 2004

  2. It depends on the version. Up through Word 97, the Clipboard held only one
    item. Office 2000 introduced the Office Clipboard, which I believe stored 12
    clips. The Office Clipboard in Office XP and 2003 holds 24 items. In order
    to paste more than one item, you have to have the Clipboard displayed (it's
    a toolbar sort of thing in Office 2000, I think, a task pane in Office
    XP/2003). And it works only in Office, not in any other Windows app. For
    more information, search Word's Help for "Clipboard."

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Feb 25, 2004

  3. The Office Clipboard can hold 24 items. To see them, select Clipboard from
    the Task Pane. To insert any of the items that appear in the Clipboard Task
    Pane, click on the item.

    --
    Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
    benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded

    Doug Robbins - Word MVP - DELETE UPPERCASE CHARACT, Feb 25, 2004

    Isn't there any keyboard shortcuts available? Clicking a mouse is ponderously
    slow. Usually I would rarely have to store more than 2 items.

    Guest, Feb 25, 2004
  5. If you're making selections from the document itself, you can make multiple
    noncontiguous selections by pressing Ctrl. That would copy everything you
    want in one operation (one Clipboard entry), which you can insert with
    Ctrl+V.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Feb 25, 2004

    Re: Clipboard

    I cannot even find my clipboard to cut and paste. What can I do?

    Guest, Feb 26, 2004

    KL Guest

    Re: Clipboard

    What version of office do you have? If XP, click
    View|Task Pane, then click on the dropdown arrow of the
    taskpane on the right, and select Clipboard.

    KL, Feb 26, 2004
  8. Re: Clipboard

    KL wrote:
    > What version of office do you have? If XP, click
    > View|Task Pane, then click on the dropdown arrow of the
    > taskpane on the right, and select Clipboard.

    You can also hold down the Ctrl key and press C twice: Ctrl + c, c

    --
    Tonya Marshall
    tonz AT harborside DOT com

    Tonya Marshall, Feb 26, 2004

    ms7212 Guest

    The clipboard can hold up to 24 items at one time. As far as how to ge
    them, it kind of depends on which version you have. 2002 and 2003 hav
    the task pane. You can get to the task pane by view -> task pane.
    Once the task pane is open there is a drop down box and you can choos
    clipboard and see everything on it. I can't remember how it is in 200
    and before, but there is some option, maybe under view -> clipboard o
    something like that.
    Hope that helps

    ~~ Message posted from http://www.WordForums.com/

    ms7212, Feb 26, 2004