    it can or should be changed, how would i do that.

    I'm running win xp pro sp2 with outlook2003.

    thanks!

    Guest, Sep 20, 2005

  2. it means it only runs when outlook is running, which is the only way rules
    run unless you use an exchange server mailbox.

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Sep 20, 2005

    Thanks, Diane. I do have an exchange mailbox on our local server. Would
    that allow me to change it? Can it even be changed manually?

    Guest, Sep 20, 2005
  4. it's based on the conditions and actions of the rule.
    http://www.slipstick.com/rules/serverbased.htm

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Sep 20, 2005