Citrix IMA Service

Reaction score
Why my Citrix IMA Service take a lot of memory usage ?
How I could reduce the memory usage without stop and restart the service?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with this service, can you enlighten me a little more please?

Reaction score
A lil somtin somtin I dug up for you

Citrix server

Citrix WinFrame and Citrix MetaFrame are the fastest and easiest Windows NT application server solutions on the market for delivering Windows applications to all desktops, including PCs, Apple Macintosh computers, X terminals, and UNIX workstations. Citrix server software usually runs on a high-performance Pentium PC, and a single-processor Citrix server will typically support up to 15 simultaneous client connections.

The Citrix server communicates with the ICA Client for UNIX over a standard TCP/IP network connection, and supports most types of network connection including Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, and communication over the Internet.

Independent Computing Architecture (ICA) protocol

The key to the high performance achieved by the Citrix Server and ICA Client is the advanced Citrix Independent Computing Architecture (ICA) protocol used to transmit the display, keyboard, and mouse data between them.

The ICA protocol has been specially designed for transmitting Windows graphical display data, and keyboard and mouse input, over a network connection. On average it consumes only 20 Kbaud of bandwidth, and so achieves impressive performance even over low-bandwidth connections such as dial-up connections.

The key features of the ICA protocol that help to achieve the high performance are:

- Intelligent command and object-specific compression

- Intelligent caching of Windows objects including bitmaps, brushes, glyphs, and pointers

- Run length encoding

The ICA protocol is designed to be client independent, and so ICA Clients run equally efficiently on Macintosh, UNIX, or PC computers.

More information about the ICA protocol is available from the Citrix World Wide Web page at http://www.citrix.com/.

Ask a Question