check temp environment variable

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Discussion' started by raydthepenguin, Jan 22, 2010.

  1. I started Outlook this morning and a box came up saying ''could not create
    work file'' check temp environment variable

    raydthepenguin, Jan 22, 2010

  2. raydthepenguin

    Roady [MVP] Guest

    Check the following key in the registry;
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    Shell Folders\

    Verify that these variables all point to paths that exist and especially the
    Cache folder.
    By default it should point to;
    Windows XP;
    %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
    Windows Vista and Windows 7;
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files

    These paths can often be set incorrectly due to U3 and other jump-drive
    software.

    --
    Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.howto-outlook.com/