    points). If I select only the y variable, it plots it against an x axis of
    0-n.

    This worked in Excel 2003. why not now?

    Miles, Apr 11, 2007

  2. I've noticed the same thing, but too late to include the solution in
    Excel 2007 Bible.

    You can force Excel 2007 to use the correct data by providing a series
    name above the Y data only (no series name for the X data). When you
    create the chart from the template, start by select the data range,
    including the Y series name. This wasn't required in Excel 2003.

    If both series have a name, or neither of the series has a name then
    Excel will plot the data as two series.

    -John

    John Walkenbach, Apr 12, 2007