    Labels dialog box, no matter what option I select for horizontal &
    vertical text alignment, the labels aren't moving. I'm using Excel
    2003. Does anyone know what is causing this? Thanks,

    Tanya, Nov 6, 2006

  2. Tanya

    Jim Cone Guest

    I believe that dialog box refers to text alignment not label alignment.
    You can select each label individually and move it...click twice with
    a pause in-between each click to select a label.

    Or you may want to try the free Excel add-in "Chart Data Labels"
    You can add linked text from worksheet cells to the labels and
    position the labels where you want them. Download from ...
    No registration required.
    --
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    "Tanya" <>
    wrote in message
    I have a 3D column chart that shows the value as a data label. The
    labels are appearing in the center of each bar. On the Format Data

    Jim Cone, Nov 7, 2006

  3. Tanya

    Tanya Guest

    Jim,

    thanks for your response. You're right the description does say
    Text Alignment, but what text is it trying to align if not the data
    labels? Since it's the Format Data Labels dialog box it seems to me
    that the label text is what it should align. It also seems to me that
    it would align the text with the data marker, but maybe I'm wrong about
    that too. Help doesn't shed much light on this, nor does the MS
    Knowledge Base.

    Tanya

    Tanya, Nov 7, 2006