Character Map

ARTHMAN

When I insert a Character Map powerPoint Freeze
The only way to skip this behavior is to kill the process.
The problem is still the same from the keyboard

Steve Rindsberg

Are you using an English-language version of PowerPoint or something else?
There are problems with some non-English versions and some characters.
Try turning off spell-checking as you type. That may help.

--
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com
Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP

John Langhans [MSFT]

[CRITICAL UPDATE - Anyone using Office 2003 should install the critical
update as soon as possible. From PowerPoint, choose "Help -> Check for
Updates".]

Hello,

There's a possibility that you are running into problems with background
printing and some languages. To determine this, see whether the problem
continues to occur when you turn off the option to check spelling while
typing:

1) Tools -> Options
2) In "Spelling and Style" tab, uncheck "Check spelling as you type" and
click "OK"
3) Try typing the texts/symbols that were causing the problem.

If the problem no longer occurs, check to see if you have installed the
latest service packs for Office (which fixes many knows issues with some
language proofing tools).

After getting updated to the latest patch level, see if the problem still
occurs when you turn on "Check spelling as you type" again.

John Langhans
Microsoft Corporation
Supportability Program Manager
Microsoft Office PowerPoint for Windows
Microsoft Office Picture Manager for Windows

For FAQ's, highlights and top issues, visit the Microsoft PowerPoint
support center at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=ppt
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbhowto

Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Steve Rindsberg

Ah. Forgot to ask you about this the last time it came up ... I'm missing
the connection between spelling and b/g printing.

John Langhans [MSFT]

Thanks Steve,

I mis-poke (mis-typed) twice already. I meant "background spell checking"
instead of "background printing"

John Langhans
Microsoft Corporation
Supportability Program Manager
Microsoft Office PowerPoint for Windows
Microsoft Office Picture Manager for Windows

For FAQ's, highlights and top issues, visit the Microsoft PowerPoint
support center at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=ppt
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbhowto

Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Steve Rindsberg

Kewl. I'm not as mystifed as I thought I was. At least I think not. ;-)

--
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com