    It seems I can no longer change the icon for a shortcut on my desktop except
    for a folder shortcut. Any suggestions?
    Lou Cherry

    Lou Cherry, Jan 13, 2005

  2. Lou Cherry

    Road Runner Guest

    Hi ... Download "Tweak UI" from Microsoft website , It has a option to
    repair icons , here the link for it and scroll down , view the right side of
    the screen for Tweak UI

    Road Runner, Jan 13, 2005

  3. Lou,

    Are you referring to the "overlay" icon shown for shortcuts?

    If not, what happens when you use the "Change Icon" function?

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    Ramesh, MS-MVP, Jan 13, 2005