Changing Remote Website from one Hosting account to another

Discussion in 'Microsoft Frontpage' started by ArabianArtist, Apr 23, 2010.

  1. OK
    So I am working on several sites at once for people. One site is up and I
    don't have any issues with it. Thanks to this forum :)

    Both of these sites are hosted via Greengeeks.com and both sites show
    Frontgpage server extentions are installed.

    Both of these hosting accounts are for different sits, have different
    passwords, websites, etc. So two websites, 2 hosting accounts.

    The problem that I am having is when I am trying to publish
    saharaarabians.com, it wants to go to the site I have done previously, and
    when I enter http://saharaarabians.cominstead, it gives me an error message
    saying that frontpage extenstions aren't installed on that server ( they are )
    That the server is temporarily out of service
    Something about a proxy settings / server
    An error may have occurred on the server

    Any suggestions?

    I know that I am probably doing something minor wrong, so any help is
    appreciated.

    Thank you all in advance

    ArabianArtist, Apr 23, 2010

  2. ArabianArtist

    Tom Willett Guest

    Use File | Publish Site, NOT Publish, which remembers the last site.

    Use http://www.saharaarabians.com

    --
    Tom [Pepper] Willett
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
    :

    Tom Willett, Apr 23, 2010

  3. Ok, I tried that and it gave me the same error message.

    I went to File, then Publish site and it had the old site's address in the
    field, so I typed http://www.saharaarabians.com
    and it gave me the error message again. Is there a way for frontpage to NOT
    bring up the other site?

    ArabianArtist, Apr 23, 2010
  4. ArabianArtist

    Tom Willett Guest

    If you're using File | Publish, it doesn't bring up an old site.
    Has the DNS changed? IP address? Have you contacted the host like I
    suggested to see what may have changed?
    --
    : Ok, I tried that and it gave me the same error message.
    :
    : I went to File, then Publish site and it had the old site's address in the
    : field, so I typed http://www.saharaarabians.com
    : and it gave me the error message again. Is there a way for frontpage to
    NOT
    : bring up the other site?
    :
    : "Tom Willett" wrote:
    :
    : > Use File | Publish Site, NOT Publish, which remembers the last site.
    : >
    : > Use http://www.saharaarabians.com
    : >
    : >
    : > --
    : > ---------------------------
    : > "ArabianArtist" <> wrote in
    message
    : > news:...
    : > : OK
    : > : So I am working on several sites at once for people. One site is up
    and I
    : > : don't have any issues with it. Thanks to this forum :)
    : > :
[...]
    : > .
    : >

    Tom Willett, Apr 23, 2010
  5. Tried FTP transfer too, set up my FTP user account with the host on my
    Cpanel, got my username and password, etc.

    Went to file, publish site and chose FTP

    Entered ftp://www.saharaarabians.com/public_html/

    Then it prompted me for my username and password for the FTP user account? I
    think? So I entered my username and password... also tried my Cpanel user
    name and PW... nothing.

    I entered it in, being careful it was case sensitive, copied and pasted it
    from my CPanel showing the account info...

    Nothing. Keeps saying my password is case sensitive
    I have checked and rechecked and double checked to make sure it is the same
    "case"

    Nothing

    I can not get it to recognize that I am no longer working on the other site
    and that this is a different site.

    Could it be a problem on the hosting end?

    ArabianArtist, Apr 23, 2010
  6. ArabianArtist

    Tom Willett Guest

    FTP accounts usually have different credentials, and the ones you have
    probably won't work.

    If you're going to try FTP, make sure you have a FTP account set up (which,
    when used, will corrupt the FP Server Extensions.

    Make sure you have the correct username and password for the FTP account.
    Contact your host to get them.

    Since you continue to ignore my suggestion to talk with your host about the
    issue, I can no longer help you. Maybe somebody else will pick up.

    --
    : "ArabianArtist" wrote:
    :
    : > Ok, I tried that and it gave me the same error message.
    : >
    : > I went to File, then Publish site and it had the old site's address in
    the
    : > field, so I typed http://www.saharaarabians.com
    : > and it gave me the error message again. Is there a way for frontpage to
    NOT
    : > bring up the other site?
    : >
    : > "Tom Willett" wrote:
    : >
    : > > Use File | Publish Site, NOT Publish, which remembers the last site.
    : > >
    : > > Use http://www.saharaarabians.com
    : > >
    : > >
    : > > --
    : > > ---------------------------
    : > > "ArabianArtist" <> wrote in
    message
    : > > news:...
    : > > : OK
    : > > : So I am working on several sites at once for people. One site is up
    and I
    : > > : don't have any issues with it. Thanks to this forum :)
    : > > :
[...]
    : > > .
    : > >

    Tom Willett, Apr 23, 2010
  7. Tom, I am sorry, I didn't see the post that I talk to my host about this
    issue, I will certainly try that as well.

    Thank you for your help :)

    ArabianArtist, Apr 23, 2010
  8. ArabianArtist

    Tom Willett Guest

    The IP address may have changed, DNS records may not yet be completely
    updated. All sorts of possibilities.
    --
    : "Tom Willett" wrote:
    :
    : > If you're using File | Publish, it doesn't bring up an old site.
    : > Has the DNS changed? IP address? Have you contacted the host like I
    : > suggested to see what may have changed?
    : > --
    : > Tom [Pepper] Willett
    : > Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
    : > ---------------------------
    : > "ArabianArtist" <> wrote in
    message
    : > news:D...
    : > : Ok, I tried that and it gave me the same error message.
    : > :
    : > : I went to File, then Publish site and it had the old site's address in
    the
    : > : field, so I typed http://www.saharaarabians.com
    : > : and it gave me the error message again. Is there a way for frontpage
    : > NOT
    : > : bring up the other site?
    : > :
    : > : "Tom Willett" wrote:
    : > :
    : > : > Use File | Publish Site, NOT Publish, which remembers the last site.
    : > : >
    : > : > Use http://www.saharaarabians.com
    : > : >
    : > : >
    : > : > --
    : > : > ---------------------------
    : > : > "ArabianArtist" <> wrote in
    : > message
    : > : > news:...
    : > : > : OK
    : > : > : So I am working on several sites at once for people. One site is
    up
    : > and I
    : > : > : don't have any issues with it. Thanks to this forum :)
    : > : > :
    (
    : > they
    : > : > are )
    : > : > : That the server is temporarily out of service
    : > : > : Something about a proxy settings / server
    : > : > : An error may have occurred on the server
    : > : > :
    : > : > : Any suggestions?
    : > : > :
    : > : > : I know that I am probably doing something minor wrong, so any help
    is
    : > : > : appreciated.
    : > : > :
    : > : > : Thank you all in advance
    : > : > :
    : > : > :
    : > : > :
    : > : >
    : > : >
    : > : > .
    : > : >
    : >
    : >
    : > .
    : >

    Tom Willett, Apr 23, 2010
  9. Contact your host to set/check the site permissions

    When I try to view your site in a browser at http://saharaarabians.com/ I get
    Error 403 - Forbidden
    You tried to access a document for which you don't have privileges

    Stefan B Rusynko, Apr 24, 2010
  10. ArabianArtist

    Tina Clarke Guest

    What version of fp are you using?

    You have the correct website open from the hd in fp?

    you don't have a live site open do you?

    What does it say at the top of fp program?

    something like C:/ or does it start with http?

    Tina
    Expression Web EASTER GIVEAWAY
    http://www.frontpage-to-expression.com/expression-web-giveaway.html
    Prizes: EW 3.0 x1, Migrating from FronPage to Expression Web Ebook x2, EW
    Tips Ebooks x3
    Special Prize: SEO Toolbar for any version. Runs: 12th March - 30th April

    Tina Clarke, Apr 24, 2010