    re-boot. Outlook is still gray. Is there something else I need to do to get
    the original Outlook 2003 blue color back?

    thanks

    Guest, Mar 8, 2006

    Roady [MVP] Guest

    What theme have you selected in Windows?
    On the Display Properties-> tab Appearance also check the settings for
    "Windows and buttons" and "Color scheme"

    --
    Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    www.howto-outlook.com

    Tips of the month:
    -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
    -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

    -----
    "CHIGGS" <> wrote in message
    I am running XP and Office 2003. When Office 03 was installed my Outlook
    was
    blue in color. Now it is gray. I have read several other posts that says
    make sure settings in Windows are set to XP. I have made sure they are and

    Roady [MVP], Mar 8, 2006

    Hi Roady-
    I have "Windows XP" theme selected.
    Under Appearance tab I have Window XP Style
    Color: Default blue
    Seems I have the correct options chosen, but Outlook is still gray in color.
    (even after rebooting)
    I'm stumped!

    Guest, Mar 9, 2006

    Drew Guest

    I have the same issue, I installed with windows classic theme and now
    my outlook 2003 is all grey and colorless. I went back to windows xp
    theme of blue and restarted. Still gray. I want it colorful!!!

    Drew, Mar 15, 2006

    I have given up hope.
    Even our IT department cannot figure it out????
    I am guessing the only way to do this is to unistall and re-intall the
    office 2003 package, but I'd rather deal with the gray than have to customize
    all my settings again.

    Thanks for the response. Glad I am not the only one who is confused.
    Have a good day.

    Guest, Mar 15, 2006

    Has anyone been able to figure this out? I have the same problem. IT came
    in and installed some Windows updates or something and now my Outlook looks
    all f'd up. Ugly!

    Thanks in advance.

    Guest, Apr 11, 2006

    I was informed by IT that they would have to uninstall and re-install Office
    2003 to possibly fix the color issue with the Outlook.
    Since I have already have all my settings and calendars shared I don't
    think it would be worth while to start from scratch to fix the color of my
    Outlook. Oh well.
    Sure wish Microsoft was as simple as Apple.

    Guest, Apr 11, 2006