    and I want to move the 6th page so it becomes the 3rd page, can this be done
    easily without cutting/pasting, creating section breaks etc???? Any
    suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

    Guest, Sep 20, 2005

  2. No, you can't.

    If your pages have logical headings, Outline View might help:
    http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/UsingOLView.htm

    If you want to know why you can't, there's an attempt at explaining here:
    http://daiya.mvps.org/wordpages.htm

    --
    Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
    Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

    Daiya Mitchell, Sep 20, 2005

    Thankyou Daiya - this does help, and I did suspect that was the case. I have
    used Outline view previously to move pages up and down, but as you say it is
    not as user-friendly as PowerPoint or Excel. I have not, however, tried
    printing the pages in a different order, e.g. 1,3,5,2,7 but will try that and
    see how it goes. I was really hoping I could pick up page 7 and move it to
    become page 3, but obviously I cannot do this! :(

    Ah well, perhaps a newer version of Word in the future may solve this
    problem!!?

    Guest, Sep 20, 2005