Windows 7 Change margin settings

Reaction score
the left margin tab is stuck at the 1and 1/2 inch setting. I have tried all the margin restore default choices. any ideas:confused:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Schrods, welcome to the forums :)

Which bit of software are we talking about here? Microsoft Word? The more detail you give us, the more we can help you.

Reaction score
Microsoft word 2007

I also tried a system restore did not complete successfully.
A window came up saying System restore could not access a file, probably because of antivirus program running on computer. An unspecified error occurred during system restore (0X80070005)
I'm currently running AVG and don't know how to turn that off

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Schrods, welcome to the forums :)

Which bit of software are we talking about here? Microsoft Word? The more detail you give us, the more we can help you.

Ian, thanks for the quick response are we still connected?

Reaction score
If you want to reset all of your standard settings in Word, my first step would be to rename the normal template that sets the standards. To do this, go to C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates (Or C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates if you're in XP) and change the file extension for Normal.dot and/or Normal.dotm to OLD. Close Word before you do this, and then re-open word afterwards and it will create a new file there. That should reset any custom margin settings or fonts that you had as the default.

Ask a Question