CCD problems reported by most digital camera makers- see if you are affected!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Most of the digital camera makers have issued service advisory notice to the owners of digital cameras. The problem is associated with CCD's and they would fix it even if the camera is out of warranty. You need to check the camera maker for the model you own and if you have been experiencing the problems outlined get free service immediately.

The notice from each maker is listed below so just click the one which applies to you.

Sony CCD advisory notice

Nikon CCD advisory notice

Olympus CCD advisory notice

FujiFilm CCD advisory notice

Konica Minolta CCD advisory notice

Canon CCD advisory notice

There is no notice from Pentax so far, so for the time being they can relax and continue to enjoy their cameras ;)

If I come across any updates or additional information I will use this very thread to do so.

This thread will remain a sticky till such time it is needed.

Important: Anyone reading this should help out their friends and families by informing them about the issue, if you know for sure they are affected.

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the info Quads,

For once I didn't end up having to send back something I had just bought - now that does make a pleasant change!:D

Cheers

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
CITech said:
Thanks for the info Quads,

For once I didn't end up having to send back something I had just bought - now that does make a pleasant change!:D

Cheers

I very well know that feeling ;)

Reaction score
Problem with Andor iXon EMCCD

Hi,

I use an Andor iXon EMCCD coupled to a Zeiss Microscope for imaging single molecules (SIngle particle tracking). These molecules photobleach fast and so I have to open the microscope shutter just when I start capturing the images. I find that for the first 20 frames (at 2 fps) or so the image intensity shoots up and then comes down (like a spike). If I change the frame rate to 1 fps I see the same spike at until 40 frames. Is it a camera problem. Please advise.

Thanks in advance

Quadophile said:
Most of the digital camera makers have issued service advisory notice to the owners of digital cameras. The problem is associated with CCD's and they would fix it even if the camera is out of warranty. You need to check the camera maker for the model you own and if you have been experiencing the problems outlined get free service immediately.

The notice from each maker is listed below so just click the one which applies to you.

Sony CCD advisory notice

Nikon CCD advisory notice

Olympus CCD advisory notice

FujiFilm CCD advisory notice

Konica Minolta CCD advisory notice

Canon CCD advisory notice

There is no notice from Pentax so far, so for the time being they can relax and continue to enjoy their cameras ;)

If I come across any updates or additional information I will use this very thread to do so.

This thread will remain a sticky till such time it is needed.

Important: Anyone reading this should help out their friends and families by informing them about the issue, if you know for sure they are affected.

Ask a Question