Case vs. Motherboard, 2 Plugs from case wont fit into mobo

Reaction score
Me again!

Not going well for me =[

I have leads that go into the motherboard from the case as i have just started building a pc

These leads from the case i have been able to put into the motherboard:

Usb,
Power SW
Reset SW
Power LED
Speaker
And HDD led

Yet there are two mystery leads that don't seem to fit anywhere:

HD audio
And AC'97

Any ideas? Are they important? Can i just leave 'em out?

Louis

Reaction score
You have the ones that matter.

By the way if I were you buy all your components from the same company as if this is your first BYO.
I assume you did`nt buy from one company
:)

Reaction score
itsme said:
You have the ones that matter.

By the way if I were you buy all your components from the same company as if this is your first BYO.
I assume you did`nt buy from one company
:)

Ooh ok thanks,

BYO?

And no lol, i bought from the same website but the Motherboard is ASUS and the case is Akasa

So no xD

But if they don't matter i wont really worry about them =]

And yes it did come with a manual (the motherboard)

But it made out about the other plugs but the two that i can't find it didn't even mention lol..

=]

Louis :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The 2 leads you are talking about are for the audio connectors on the front of the case so you can plug speakers/headphones/microphones in.

You can leave them out if you want and just use the connectors on the rear motherboard back-plate.........but sometimes its handy to be able to use a set of headphones etc at the front rather than having to pull the case out and fiddle around the back.

If you do want to connect them then you only connect ONE set (either HD or AC97) depending on what your motherboard supports - you will find the type and where the connector on the motherboard is by checking the manual.

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
The 2 leads you are talking about are for the audio connectors on the front of the case so you can plug speakers/headphones/microphones in.

You can leave them out if you want and just use the connectors on the rear motherboard back-plate.........but sometimes its handy to be able to use a set of headphones etc at the front rather than having to pull the case out and fiddle around the back.

If you do want to connect them then you only connect ONE set (either HD or AC97) depending on what your motherboard supports - you will find the type and where the connector on the motherboard is by checking the manual.

Wow thanks!

Naaah i will leave them out lol as long as i have a working pc i will use the back ports ^^

Thanks mate =D

Louis =]

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
No problem.

Looking at the mobo spec it comes with a SupremeFX audio card, and it is HD audio.

Ask a Question