    panel display with a PPT slideshow?
    Then converting that recording for DVD recording?

    - Mitch

    Mitch Gallant, May 14, 2006

  2. Mitch Gallant

    Austin Myers Guest

    BTDT, wasn't happy. Quality just wasn't what I wanted. But, as always,
    "quality" is in the eye of the beholder. <g>

    Austin Myers
    MS PowerPoint MVP Team

    Provider of PFCMedia http://www.pfcmedia.com

    Austin Myers, May 14, 2006

  3. Mitch Gallant

    Austin Myers Guest

    Mitch,

    Give me a holler via email.

    Austin Myers, May 14, 2006
  4. In article <>, Mitch Gallant wrote:
    > Considering the various software products used for video-capture of
    > PowerPoint presentations (CamTasia, PowerVideoMaker etc..) which require
    > fairly good hardware and fast system resources for video capture, has anyone
    > tried DIRECTLY capturing the screen display, during a PowerPoint slide show,
    > using say a digital video camera (say on a tripod .. accurately alligned to
    > the screen) ?
    >
    > I say this because I have use a relatively cheap digital camera (only 3
    > Megapixels) to take very high resolution pictures of many things with
    > external lighting (no flash) and a rock solid tripod.
    > What about the same thing for external video recording of say a 17" flat
    > panel display with a PPT slideshow?
    > Then converting that recording for DVD recording?

    It sounds like you'd get all the quality of recording to video from the PC's TV
    output port ... which is to say "not much". And less. A set of optics and
    another device in between that aren't there going from TV out to Video In.

    But you'd get to have all that fun tripping over the tripod and squaring up the
    camera with the display, darkening the room and all that. I'd hate to deprive
    you ;-)

    Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
    PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
    PPTools: www.pptools.com