Can't send Yahoo plus mail with Window Mail only Recieve mail

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Mail' started by sillykajn, Dec 15, 2008.

  1. sillykajn

    sillykajn Guest

    I set up my yahoo Plus Account using Window mail since there is no Outlook
    on my laptop, I can receive mail from my Yahoo Plus account but it won't let
    me send mail . i tried changing the "Outgoing server (SMTP), change port 25
    to 587 still won't work.

    i tried changing the "Outgoing server (SMTP), change port 25 to 110 still
    won't work.

    i tried changing the "Outgoing server (SMTP), change port 25 to 465 still
    won't work.

    inactivity. Subject 'Lizzy', Account: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server:
    'plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 timeout
    (#4.4.4)', Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 451, Error Number:
    0x800CCC0F

    sillykajn, Dec 15, 2008

  2. Your settings (port 465 with SSL) are good. Which antivirus do you have?
    That type of problem is usually caused by interference from a non-
    compatible antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running?
    As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
    although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
    In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

    Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons
    explained here:

    If no improvement after disabling email scanning, consider upgrading
    to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects
    from overly intrusive antivirus programs:
    http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

    --
    Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

    Gary VanderMolen, Dec 15, 2008