    Can anyone help this novice?

    Thanks in advance,

    Tim

    Guest, Apr 6, 2007

  2. One of the features of a VPN connection is the ability to use either the
    default gateway on the remote network, or to use the default gateway defined
    you your normal Internet connection. What I perceive happening is that your
    company's network's default gateway has no route to the email server or the
    Internet. Since VPN connections default to using the default gateway on the
    remote network, your machine is going to look for everything either on the
    company network or out through the company network default gateway. What
    you might try doing is to disable this setting so your computer looks for
    company items through the VPN tunnel, but looks for everything else on your
    local network, or though your local default gateway. Right click your VPN
    connection, select "Properties", click the "Networking" tab, click "Internet
    Protocol", click "Properties", click the "Advanced" button, and UNcheck the
    "Use default gateway on remote network" checkbox.

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE --

    "tmckemy" <> wrote in message
    > I have set up a VPN connection to our company's server to allow everyone

    > store files on it. However, when connected through the VPN no one can send

    or

    Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I], Apr 7, 2007

    Hal,

    Thank you so much - your suggestion worked!!

    Tim

    Guest, Apr 10, 2007

    F111

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Just wanted to express my gratitude for your brilliantly helpful advice (still good after four years!); found via Google, to a previously perplexing problem with sending Outlook mail through a personal VPN.

    F111, Aug 10, 2011

    curt shuler

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have Outlook 2003 client needing to use a yahoo mail account with pop3 enabled.
    It has worked for several years.
    Recently decided to use VPNdirect but it will not allow send/receive.
    Noticed your posting but when I get to the Advanced TCPIP Settings my display is not what you indicate.
    Please advise/clarify.
    Thanks

    curt shuler, Dec 8, 2012