cant send e-mail

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Mail' started by Adriana Caceres, Aug 13, 2008.

  1. The host '' could not be found. Please verify that you
    have entered the server name correctly.
    Subject 'P/T - Bilingual Recruitment Coordinator (Bronx/ Brainbridge
    area)', Account: '', Server: '',
    Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11003, Error
    Number: 0x800CCC0D

    Adriana Caceres, Aug 13, 2008

  2. You have entered an incorrect server name, but that is not the only
    problem.
    US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, no POP
    access. Windows Mail does not handle webmail.
    There are three possible solutions:

    1. How did you access Yahoo mail before? If you are happy with
    webmail via your browser, you can continue to use that.

    2. Pay Yahoo to get their premium "Mail Plus" service:
    http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/overview/index.html
    and use the special settings for that service:
    http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html

    3. Another option is called YPOPs. It is free, but requires some technical
    knowledge to implement:
    http://ypopsemail.com/documentation/37-email-configuration/69-windows-live-mail

    --
    Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

    Gary VanderMolen, Aug 13, 2008

  3. You're receiving this error because '' is NOT a
    correct server name. Assuming you have a Yahoo Mail Plus account (which you
    must have if you wish to use Windows Mail with a Yahoo account), this page
    should have the correct server names and settings:

    http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-08.html
    POP Yahoo! Mail Plus with Microsoft Outlook Express

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE --

    Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I], Aug 13, 2008