    this client are supported by your server.
    --
    Andrew Greenbaum

    Guest, Jul 30, 2006

    BillR [MVP] Guest

    Check your account settings. Set the account up manually. You might need not
    authentication to send at all.

    --
    Bill R MVP

    BillR [MVP], Jul 30, 2006

    I am having the same issue...I can receive from my pop3 account, but my SMTP
    server sends back the following authentication error:

    Task 'Celerus - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC80) : 'None of the
    authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server.'

    I verified with another computer that the server was responding to Office
    2003 with no issues. Same setup, same account login information, Office 2003
    works, 2007 gives the error above.

    Guest, Jul 30, 2006

    Interestingly enough, when I removed outgoing authentication, email started
    flowing out again. Go figure.

    Guest, Jul 30, 2006

    E-Mail is working again. Thanks
    --
    Andrew Greenbaum

    Guest, Jul 31, 2006

    I am having the same type of problem(s) "535 authentication failed". I have
    tried what you all wrote and dont seem to be able to get it to work. anyone
    feel like walking me through it all? outlook 2007 beta, using aol as isp,
    windows xp.
    thanks - david

    Guest, Sep 7, 2006

    I was having the same problem and now is solved i love u guys

    Guest, Feb 5, 2007

    How do I remove the outgoing authentication?
    Kenn

    Guest, Nov 9, 2007

    How did you solve this problem???

    Guest, Nov 9, 2007

    Guest, Nov 9, 2007
  11. scheinz <> wrote:

    > How do I remove the outgoing authentication?

    Look at your account properties. See the Outgoing Server tab?
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman, Nov 9, 2007

    Ali Nedjai Guest

    I have unticked authentication but still can't send. this time i get error
    550.
    --

    Best regards,

    Ali Nedjai, Feb 27, 2008

    Ali Nedjai Guest

    please share with us how you resolved your problem. I am still suffering.
    --

    Best regards,

    Ali Nedjai, Feb 27, 2008

    Tracedog Guest

    I was having the same authentication issue as mentioned in several of these
    posts. It is quite frustrating because the email account the error was
    happening on didn't have any emails to send!

    I read that someone unchecked the outgoing authentication and now I don't
    have the issue any further.

    However, it's the same mail server as the other accounts I use and I have
    the outgoing authentication set on those.

    I've tried deleting and recreating the account, that didn't work.
    Finally, no outgoing authentication and the error stops. But, it did say
    that I had sent Message 9 of 9 - no idea what message was sent!

    Hope this help!

    Tracedog, Apr 14, 2008

    paulinep Guest

    paulinep, Apr 3, 2010