can't save images from the net

Discussion in 'Windows XP Messenger' started by Guest, Jun 26, 2004.

    Every time I try to save an image off the internet it seems to save fine, but as soon as I try to open it it tells me "this is not a valid bitmap file, or its format is not currently supported" I get the same response no matter if I save it as a .bmp, or a .jpg, or .art. The only one that has worked is .png but I very rarely get that option. Is there a way to fix this?

    Guest, Jun 26, 2004

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    Yes. Get rid of AOL...get it all off your computer and get a REAL ISP that
    will not hijack your computer and your system files.

    Bobby

    "Wolf SilverMoon" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    NoNoBadDog!, Jun 26, 2004

  3. "NoNoBadDog!" <mysocks_bjsledge_AT_pixi.com> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Yes. Get rid of AOL...get it all off your computer and get a REAL ISP that
    > will not hijack your computer and your system files.
    >
    > Bobby
    >
    > "Wolf SilverMoon" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    > > Every time I try to save an image off the internet it seems to save fine,
    > > but as soon as I try to open it it tells me "this is not a valid bitmap
    > > file, or its format is not currently supported" I get the same response
    > > no matter if I save it as a .bmp, or a .jpg, or .art. The only one that
    > > has worked is .png but I very rarely get that option. Is there a way to
    > > fix this?

    Getting rid of AOL isn't too bad of an idea, but if you want to keep it,
    turn off the "compress images for faster download" or similar feature in
    your AOL software. In fact all of your BMP and JPEG images are being
    converted to ART. After you turn off the feature, all of your images will
    look better and you will be able to save them in their proper formats.

    Glenn

    Glenn Randers-Pehrson, Jun 26, 2004