can't open my hotmail using Internet Explorer

I just got this new PC 6 months ago and I've installed all the Windows
updates. I can't open hotmail with Internet Explorer. I get all the way to
the sign in page and i put my user name and password and click sign in and it
seems it's directing me but never gets to it. I can open my hotmail from AOL
or Firefox in the same computer without a problem. It's just with Explorer
that doesn't work.

Anybody knows why? I can't figure it out.
Thanks!

Don Varnau

Hi,
Try these steps:
1. Clear the IE cache. IE> Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete files
(and delete offline content when that dialog pops up) It's often recommended
that the TIF folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.)
2. Browse to your Cookies folder and delete any cookies from hotmail, msn or
passport. (Or delete all cookies.)
3. Cookie options are at Internet Options> Privacy. A setting of Low or
Medium should allow these cookies. If you select a Privacy setting other
than "accept all" or "block all" you can use the Edit button to accept or
block cookies from selected sites.
4. Check any third-party security programs to see if one of them is blocking
cookies.
5. Verify that the computer's clock is correct- including the Time Zone.

Additional cookies articles:
814141 - Error Message Your Web Browser Options Are Currently Set to Disable
Cookies...
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;814141
Q175662 - Error Message Not Accepting Cookies:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q175662
299331 - Web Site Reports That You Must Enable Cookies:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=299331
Q315207 - Error Message Cannot Open Webpage Because Cookies Are Not Enabled:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q315207
Q317689 - Error Message Your Browser Is Not Currently Set to Accept Cookies:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q317689
and
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm#cookies

Hope this helps,
Don
[MVP- IE/OE]

"giasal" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Thank you. I tried but still, doesn't work. It looks like it's going to open,
but it never does. It gets stuck and the URL that shows is:
http://by102fd.bay102.hotmail.msn.c...f9504f66aa29a0f658cf49eec&_lang=ES&country=US
But the page is blank and it gets stuck "thinking".
Any ideas?

Thanks.

"giasal" wrote in message
I just got this new PC 6 months ago and I've installed all the Windows
updates. I can't open hotmail with Internet Explorer. I get all the way to
the sign in page and i put my user name and password and click sign in and it
seems it's directing me but never gets to it. I can open my hotmail from AOL
or Firefox in the same computer without a problem. It's just with Explorer
that doesn't work.

Anybody knows why? I can't figure it out.
Thanks!

PA Bear

What anti-virus is installed? What firewall?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security