    I got a new W7 box and cannot open these mswmm projects in order to edit my
    movies.

    What is the fix for this and why does Microsoft create such problems?

    Bad Karma, Jan 28, 2010

  2. Bad Karma

    John Inzer Guest

    Bad Karma wrote:
    > Ok so I created 31 projects and published them into .wmv's.
    >
    > I got a new W7 box and cannot open these mswmm projects in order to
    > edit my movies.
    >
    > What is the fix for this and why does Microsoft create such problems?

    ====================================
    Windows Live Movie Maker (the one you can
    install on Win 7) has issues with earlier .mswmm
    project files because it doesn't include some of
    the transitions and effects that are needed.

    The best bet would be to install an older verison
    of Movie Maker on 7 and use it to edit your older
    ..mswmm project files. And...of course...you will
    need all of your original source files.

    The following links may offer some useful info:

    Windows Movie Maker in Windows 7
    http://www.brighthub.com/multimedia/video/articles/22658.aspx

    5 Versions of Windows Movie Maker Running On Windows 7
    http://www.brighthub.com/multimedia/video/articles/25282.aspx

    Windows 7 - Editing with XP's Movie Maker 2.1... but in Windows 7
    http://www.brighthub.com/multimedia/video/articles/28935.aspx

    --

    J. Inzer MS-MVP
    Digital Media Experience