    I use a pc with 2000 pro.
    Any help is appreciated
    Greg

    greg, Oct 8, 2004

  2. "greg" <> wrote in news:25c401c4ad5c
    $e63f4880$:

    > attachments that I get from one friend who uses MSN for
    > his email will only show lots of letters when I should be
    > looking at a photo that the friend has sent.
    > If his attachment is text, then I have no problem.
    > I also has no problem recieving jpgs from all other
    > senders. Most of the time photos just appear in my outlook
    > express emails, but from this one particular person, I
    > recieve a box saying doing you want to open or save. I
    > say open and it opens but if it is supposed to be a
    > picture, than I get only a page of letters?
    > If I save this file to open with other programs that I
    > have, than I am rebuffed every time with can't open this
    > jpg file. I use picture it, infraview, mgi photosuite,
    > and others. Nothing will open these particular files from
    > this one particular sender. (a mac user if it matters)
    > I use a pc with 2000 pro.
    > Any help is appreciated
    > Greg

    HEY YOU, this is soooo not even an operating system problem. Perhaps it is
    an outlook specific problem there is a new feature in that buggy crap. I
    really would love to help you anyway...
    You did not specify "exactly" what the format is and I can't assume that
    he hasn't created them himself which leaves a lot of possible variables. If
    he created them in Photoshop 7 and did not use the "Save for Web..."
    feature to output it, it may contain information of an XML-encoded
    "preview" of the JPEG image.
    My best guess is that he has embedded header information that your
    computer just can't get through and needs to be stripped out for you to see
    the pics. It's his email client that's probably at fault. There is a
    freeware version and shareware product that will strip headers, I beieve it
    is called "jstrip". I have this on a machine somewhere but can't post it
    here. You gotta' find it online somewhere. The best thing to do for now is
    have him send you a link to the pic if it is on the web. If he is a real
    wiz then have him send a package or self extracting format that you can
    open yourself like a zip, sea, sfx, ror, or whatever.

    PunK@tDaddy®, Oct 9, 2004