Can't Move/Delete Text Box in Word

Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to PC Review. (If I were a poet, I'd rhyme the rest of my message :D) I have a Word problem that has me flummoxed, and I hope you can help.
I am trying to create a business card in Word. First I copied over the text and image from Publisher. In that process, one of the text boxes became a "picture" that I can't edit. I decided to do it in Word. I inserted a Text Box, typed in the info. Now it will not allow me to move the text box nor edit the info in it. I can't even delete it. HELP!!!
I am fairly certain this is happening because my boss is down to his last business card and needs more immediately. So any assistance you can render will be very much appreicated. Thank you.

Reaction score
Which version of office are you working in? It'll be hard to come up with much of a suggestion without that, because how Word handles text boxes has changed quite a bit in the last 2 versions. If you're unable to move it, it is probably due to Text Wrapping properties. Another thing you can do to make sure you can actually select the text box to edit it, is use the tab key to switch between objects until you get to the text box. For this to work, you need to select an object first (picture, shape, etc) so you're not just inserting a tab. If these ideas aren't enough, just let me know the version and I'll see if I can get you a better answer.

Reaction score
Thank you very much. I apologize for the omission: it's Word 2010. All of the text wrapping options were grayed out. I finally just started over and was able to create a useable document. I truly appreciate your suggestions and will give them a try if ever I encounter the same situation again (which, hopefully, will be never. :D) Have a wonderful day.

Ask a Question