    i've tried to alter the height of the objects to make the lines straight, but
    adjustments are not fine enough as shown.

    http://www.network54.com/Realm/tmp/1129979415.JPG

    Guest, Oct 22, 2005

    Echo S Guest

    Try selecting two of the objects and using the Align tool. It's under
    Draw|Align or Distribute.

    --
    Echo [MS PPT MVP]
    http://www.echosvoice.com

    "Craig" <> wrote in message
    > does anyone know how to get straight lines between objects in a flow

    chart,

    Echo S, Oct 22, 2005

    Chirag Guest

    You might want to try ProTools for PowerPoint add-in from
    http://officeone.mvps.org/protools/protools.html. It's Shape Properties
    toolbar allows you to make fine-grained adjustments to the shape easily. Use
    it to set the heights of the objects on the slide.

    - Chirag

    PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously
    http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html

    Chirag, Oct 22, 2005

    cwall99

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Did you ever get a satisfactory reply to this? I'm having the exact same problem (I think). Here's my issue: I have two objects that have the exact same height (0.92 inches), and the tops of these objects are all at the same vertical position on the slide (4.01 inches). I know the objects are the exact same size because I duplicated the first to make the second (selected the first object, did the Ctrl-D thing....).

    You would presume, then, that a connector line drawn from the middle of the right side of the object on the left to the middle of the left side of the object on the right would be a nice, straight, even line. And, yes, the connector line is anchored, meaning both connector handles have turned red.

    SO WHY IS THERE AN OBVIOUS STEP DOWN IN THE MIDDLE OF MY FRICKIN' CONNECTOR??????

    Yes, I've also aligned the objects. Aligned top. no change. Aligned middle, no change. Aligned bottom, no change.

    Thanks.

    cwall99, Mar 12, 2012