Windows XP Cant install Office 2003

Reaction score
  • Operating System: WINDOWS XP
  • Anti Virus Software : Webroot
  • Anti Spyware Software : Microsoft Defender
  • How do you connect to the net : CABLE
  • Your Computer Specifications - Geforce 7800, Win xp, 512 ram, dont really know all this pc's specs

Anyways, i've been trying to reinstall Microsoft Office 2003 on my parents pc, but everytime it just about finishes i get errors. Sometimes they are even different errors.

Errors i get:

Error 2551 Failed to set security descriptor on object OSE, system error: -2147023446

Error 1923 Having to do with OFFICE SOURCE ENGINE could not be installed

Error 1406: setup cannot write value category message file to the registry key

Can someone please help me out. I really dont wanna format this pc and reinstall everything not to mention back up all their junk.

thanks

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Two possibilities spring to mind initially - you're infected with a virus or malware or the Office 2003 disk is damaged.

Try doing a full scan with your anti-virus software and then also scan with SuperantiSpyware and Malwarebytes, two free anti-malware software programs.

Reaction score
ya i was trying malware bytes the other day, but it just ended up taking 14 hrs to scan and never finished. ended up not responding. ill try superantispyware next. scanning with my AV

Reaction score
Ok, so i did all that scanning and removed everything it found, now i'm getting a new error (after restart)

The installation error i get now is:

Error 1406 setup cannot write the value debug to the registry key\system\currentcontrolset\services\outlook\performance verify that you have adequate permissions. blah bla

For some reason they both have logins on the computer that are both computer admin. I have tried installing under both logins but still hasnt worked.

Any clues?

Also, I thought about running the disk in safe mode, but i tried to boot in safe mode twice and it just failed to boot in safe mode but it boots in regular windows. I will try another safe mode boot this morning since i just removed all that junk those systems found.

Reaction score
Fix my Microsoft Office Standard 2003

Please fix my Microsoft Office Standard 2003
mikaboshiff said:
  • Operating System: WINDOWS XP
  • Anti Virus Software : Webroot
  • Anti Spyware Software : Microsoft Defender
  • How do you connect to the net : CABLE
  • Your Computer Specifications - Geforce 7800, Win xp, 512 ram, dont really know all this pc's specs
Anyways, i've been trying to reinstall Microsoft Office 2003 on my pc, but everytime it just about finishes i get errors. Sometimes they are even different errors. Please fix my Microsoft Office Standard 2003

Errors i get:

Error 2551 Failed to set security descriptor on object OSE, system error: -2147023446

Error 1923 Having to do with OFFICE SOURCE ENGINE could not be installed

Error 1406: setup cannot write value category message file to the registry key

Can someone please help me out. I really dont wanna format this pc and reinstall everything not to mention back up all their junk.

thanks

Reaction score
Can't re-install my Microsoft Office Standard 2003

Jackie Dupre Can't re-install my[font=Arial Black said:
Microsoft Office Standard 2003[/font]
An error always pop up. it states i don't have the authority to change it.

Ask a Question