Can't Deploy Software to Computers

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Active Directory' started by Guest, Apr 19, 2006.

    I'm running a W2k Server and trying to push out software via GPO to the
    computers. Works fine deploying to the users.

    I know the Computer GPO works because I am able to push out certain
    settings. The computer account has full control of the share.

    Yet I get the following:

    The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the
    source exists and that you can access it. Event ID 102

    Windows cannot process extension Application Management ProcessGroupPolicy.
    Return value (0x64c). Event ID 1000

    The Group Policy client-side extension Application Management was passed
    flags (1) and returned a failure status code of (1612). Event ID 1000

    I think it must still be a permissions issue of some sort but I'm not sure
    what else to try. Any and all suggestions appreciated.

    Cheers

    Guest, Apr 19, 2006

  2. Hello there.
    When you deploying software to computers, the computer it self accessing the
    particular msi package on the specified network location, since this happens
    during the startup process. So you need to ensure that the computer accounts
    have access to the msi package.

    --
    Regards
    Christoffer Andersson

    http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Resources

    chriss3 [MVP], Apr 23, 2006

    dwalter

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    hi there

    does anyone have alreadys a solution for this problem above? because i have the same problem...

    The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the
    source exists and that you can access it. Event ID 102

    the share on the server is open in read-access for everyone! so what can i do else then that?

    regards

    dwalter, Oct 16, 2006