can't boot up!

Reaction score
Hi folks!

I need help with my desktop, I can't seem to boot it up, regardless of what I do, I suspect I might have contracted a virus. Can someone tell me what component I need to change, short of buying a new system, to overcome this problem? and does this mean I've lost all my data?....someone?.....anyone?...please help!
ababal

Reaction score
not sure how you can even start to offer advice on the limited details provided chris!.

ababal, what does it exactly do when you try and boot?

you using Windows XP?

Reaction score
well i figured that if he thinks it is a virus and the computer wont boot up then the best option would be to reinstall windows, if thats a no go then it would likely be a hardware problem.

can you see anything on the screen?

Reaction score
It Could Be Anything Really... Non-Detection Of Hard Drives.... A Changed Boot Sequence In Your Bios.. Even The Fuse In Your Plug!... Sorry That Wasnt Very Helpfull!!

Reaction score
heeheeheeheeheeheh heh heh heh *rolling on floor, laughing helplessly* etc etc

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ababal said:
Hi folks!

I need help with my desktop, I can't seem to boot it up, regardless of what I do, I suspect I might have contracted a virus. Can someone tell me what component I need to change, short of buying a new system, to overcome this problem? and does this mean I've lost all my data?....someone?.....anyone?...please help!
ababal
I'm afraid we need a little more information on your setup.

:(

Ask a Question