    Microsoft site) etc. : no success. I am starting to get
    desperate as no "fixes" are mentioned on Microsoft site.
    Is there a major "bug" in Windows XP? What to do?

    mark, Apr 7, 2004

  2. mark

    QuietDavid Guest

    Hi Mark

    Just thought I'd mention that my Canon works just fine with firewire
    under XP - it is recognised by all the capture apps I have tried.
    However, I use a PCI firewire card as my Gigabyte MB isn't fitted with
    on board firewire.

    David

    Just a thought (from someone who knows bugger all about windows) - have
    you gone into the setup thingo and made sure the firewire port on your
    mainboard is turned on?

    QuietDavid, Apr 8, 2004

  3. mark

    mark Guest

    Thanks David
    I am glad that your PCI card works with Canon. It means
    that my on board Texas Instr. controller is faulty ( the
    computer maker admitts they did not tested it beforer
    shipping). I will try a PCI card . Before doing this can
    you tell me, please:
    1. Did you use Canon Elura?
    2. What PCI card did you installed? Is it with Texas
    Instruments controller?
    3. Is the opereting system Windows XP professional?
    4. Any special drivers or fixes to be installed?
    I really appreciate your help

    PS. Yes the on board IEEE 1394 controller was aenabled in
    the BIOS. The camcoder LCD showed, however, "blinking" DV
    IN signe, which Canon represenative said means that
    camcoder does not sense the firewire.

    mark, Apr 8, 2004
  4. mark

    mark Guest

    hi David. I tried with OHCI Texas Instr. PCI card, which
    installed OK. Still can't capture in either Movie Maker
    or Adobe Premiere. Can not figure out what's the problem?
    Thanks for any input

    Mark

    (

    mark, Apr 11, 2004