    for proxy's parameters where isn't any there !?
    What can I do other than format my main partition and
    reinstall Windows XP ?

    marcobaci, Jul 13, 2005

  2. marcobaci

    Engel Guest

    Open Internet Explorer, click File and ensure that Work
    Offline is not checked.

    have

    Engel, Jul 13, 2005

  3. marcobaci

    marcobaci Guest

    Thanks for your reply but this is not the case.

    marcobaci, Jul 13, 2005
  4. "marcobaci" <> wrote in message
    > Hy everybody,
    > I've downloaded MASware few days ago to give it a tray.
    > The installation went fine and the program itself runs
    > smoothly but I can't get any update when I try, probably
    > because my IE copy got corrupted monthes ago.

    <snip>

    How did IE get corrupted?

    Bob Vanderveen

    Anonymous Bob, Jul 13, 2005
  5. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=318378

    Bill Sanderson, Jul 13, 2005
  6. marcobaci

    marcobaci Guest

    I've finally found out what was wrong with my IE...
    it was the connexion's parameters which were changed from
    "automatic detection" to "proxy" !???

    I don't really know how this came because I've never had to
    set for a proxy in my life...
    but maybe is due to the fact I've changed internet provider
    a few monthes ago and I hadn't payed enough attention
    during the creation of the rules for IE (as I told earlier
    I usually don't use it others than for upgrading Win XP).
    Others than this could be a malwares action ?

    In this very moment I'm connected to "update.microsoft.com"
    via IE so everything seems fine so far...later on I will
    try to update MSAS too.

    Thanks everybody again and sorry for my spelling !!

    marcobaci, Jul 13, 2005
  7. Excellent--that has happened to me a few times, too--glad you found it!

    Bill Sanderson, Jul 13, 2005
  8. marcobaci

    k-nash Guest

    I have used MSspyware since it came out. And until
    I did the recent Beta renewal or update ,I never
    had any problems. Now it will "appear" to update
    definitions;butthey will not save; therefore,
    I am "stuck" At definition 5725.

    k-nash, Jul 16, 2005