    computer. If this is a non microsoft service vendor,
    and refer to service-specific error code 2250'

    OS: Windows XP SP1

    Frank, Mar 29, 2004

  2. The workstation service should be logging an event in the system log. Post
    the details here and maybe we can help figure out what's going on.

    --
    J.C. Hornbeck, MCSE
    Microsoft Product Support

    NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
    others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
    more timely response. Thank you!

    This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
    implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
    merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.

    J.C. Hornbeck [MSFT], Mar 29, 2004

  3. Frank wrote:
    > *My PC is on a LAN. I cannot access any network shares or
    > access any shares on my PC. My 'workstation' service is
    > not started, I think this may be the problem. When I
    > attempt to manually start the service this is the message
    > I receive.
    > 'Windows could not start the workstation on local
    > computer. If this is a non microsoft service vendor,
    > and refer to service-specific error code 2250'
    >
    > OS: Windows XP SP1 *

    Try the link below,

    http://tinyurl.com/3j2c4

    It describes how to solve this problem.