Outlook Cannot send email in Outlook

Reaction score
Typical.

My Outlook has stopped sending mails. I can receive them without a problem but when I try sending them it comes up with "error number 0x800ccc60"

I use BT but cant see what the problem is. The servers are obviously working because I am recieving mail through the same server

I need the email urgently so really appreciate any help, hopefully it wont involve phoning BT for the usual 3 hour talk........

many thanks

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I had similar problems, could receive but not send email. My error number was 0x800CCC67 and Port 25 was mentioned.

I solved the problem by switching from Port 25 to Port 587 in Tools > Accounts > Properties > Advanced Tab. Simply delete the number 25 and type in 587 and then click "Apply"

It worked for me. :thumb: Give it a try - you've nothing to lose. If not sucessful you can always change back to 25.

Reaction score
thanks for that nivrip.

i tried that already but dont change anything for me.

i can send using the yahoo/bt but not using outlook or outlook express

Reaction score
Another way is to make sure you are NOT using Chached Exchange mode with your mailbox if its a desktop on the network.

Tools -> Email accounts -> View or Change existing accounts -> next - > Click on your Exchange server profile -> Change -> Untick 'Use Chached Exchange mode'

See if that works and tell us if it does or does not, teaches us too...

Ask a Question