    Who has the solution ?

    Thanks,

    Roger

    tep, Aug 8, 2008

  2. Is this printer supposed to be able to print A3? Did you create a custom
    sized page in the Forms (from the Toolbar, File, Server Properties, Forms
    tab)?
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
    www.coribright.com/windows

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Aug 9, 2008

  3. the printer description for the device (from HPW1B83L.GPD) does not include
    A3.

    the customsize is limited to 8.5 inch width

    *Option: CUSTOMSIZE
    {
    *rcNameID: =RCID_DMPAPER_SYSTEM_NAME
    *MinSize: PAIR(3600,6000)
    *% 3 x 5
    *MaxSize: PAIR(10200, 16800)
    *% 8.5 x 18
    *MaxPrintableWidth: 10200
    *CenterPrintable?: TRUE

    PS HP wrote this driver, they would be the one to write the solution. The
    god news is this is fixed by HP but they don't have a supported why to get
    this to their customers.

    send me mail directly and I can send you the HP fixed file. remove the
    online portion you see on my address.

    alanmo
    microsoft.com
    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    Alan Morris [MSFT], Aug 12, 2008
  4. this is a problem with the Paper Sizes defined in the GPD file for the
    printer. This file is provided by HP for the driver that ships with Vista.

    I have the text based file (also provided by HP) that has the corrected
    Paper Size definitions.

    The main cop out is MS (me included) are making HP provide a fix rather than
    including the fix in a service pack and HP does not yet have a new download
    that addresses the issue.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    Alan Morris [MSFT], Aug 30, 2008
  5. tep

    Bob Headrick Guest

    "roumiller" <> wrote in message

    > I'm still trying using the suggestion from Alan Morris but have not yet
    > been able to "email him direct"
    > anyone reporting success in printing the larger paper?

    Yes, lots of folks have had success with the patch from Alan. I can send a
    copy with instructions, drop me an email at with "Vista
    CP1700" in the title.

    Regards,
    Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

    Bob Headrick, Sep 30, 2008