    save this document because a file with the same name exists at the location.
    Please enter a different name and try again"

    Gary DeFalco

    DEFALG, Dec 29, 2007

  2. DEFALG

    Steve Easton Guest

    Have your host repair the FrontPage extensions.

    --

    Steve Easton
    Microsoft MVP FrontPage

    Steve Easton, Dec 29, 2007

  3. DEFALG

    DEFALG Guest

    Hi Steve,
    Thanks for the reply. I spoke with my host provider, they explained that my
    extentions are fine. Apparently I need to set my publishing link to
    (public_html). I do not know where/how to do this, can you help?

    Gary

    DEFALG, Dec 30, 2007
  4. DEFALG

    Steve Easton Guest

    public_html is normally only use to publish using ftp://

    ftp://websitename.com/~public_html

    Using ftp:// breaks the extensions.

    Post a link to your home page please.

    Steve Easton, Dec 30, 2007
  5. In order to publish with FP, your web host must map your login to the folder on their server that
    will be the root of your web. FP doesn't have any options for setting this location.

    Thomas A. Rowe
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

    http://www.Ecom-Data.com

    Thomas A. Rowe, Dec 30, 2007
  6. DEFALG

    DEFALG Guest

    www.starrlighting.net

    DEFALG, Dec 30, 2007
  7. DEFALG

    DEFALG Guest

    all,
    Turns out that the FP extensions were in fact "corrupt" on my host. It took
    some time to correct but I am up and running.

    thanks for your input,

    Gary

    DEFALG, Jan 1, 2008