    is there any reason for it to happen with originals. I
    can get a No-CD crack for SC, but the Sims has loads of
    expansion packs and is proving more difficult.

    Gareth Williams, Aug 24, 2003

  2. Gareth Williams

    Jimmy S. Guest

    Hi Gareth,

    When running a restricted user account with fast user switching under Windows XP,
    some games will not start correctly. The game requests that the original disk be
    placed in the drive, even if it is already present.

    To remedy this issue, download and run this fix for Windows XP English Version:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/WinXPHome/Patch/1.0/WXP/EN-US/updatesecdrv.exe

    If that patch doesn't resolve the issue, there are several troubleshooting steps
    outlined in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=228985 Another trick
    that I found sometimes works is to make the limited account an administrator
    account and run that game once. This will allow the registry settings for that user
    to be created, and they will still exist after the account is changed back. Good luck! :)

    --
    Cheers,
    Jimmy S.

    Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk