Cannot Install or Uninstall VPN Client on Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP Networking' started by BigShae, Jun 20, 2006.

  1. BigShae

    BigShae Guest

    The error message below with Windows XP users will appear.

    "The software you are installing for this hardware: Deterministic
    Networks Enhancer Miniport has not passed Windows Logo testing to
    verify its compatibility with Windows XP."

    You will need to choose "Continue anyway". This message pops up a few
    more times and will need to choose "Continue anyway" until it stops
    prompting you (which can be as many as 24 times, depending on the
    configuration). Then the installation continues normally.

    If you choose "Cancel" and do NOT choose "Continue anyway",
    then you MAY get caught in an infinite loop and you will be unable to
    INSTALL or UNINSTALL the VPN Client. At this point, files are already
    stored in the registry and you will NOT be able to get back to the
    Installshield Wizard. You will NOT be able to completely remove the
    VPN client completely from the registry using Add/Remove Programs from
    the Control Panel OR Uninstall the files completely by booting up the
    CD provided.

    I will try to remove the entries from the Cisco VPN Client by
    downloading a Windows Installer CleanUp Utility on the web page:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301. You
    will need to follow the directions to remove the VPN Client from your
    computer.

    Hopefully this will work with no problems.

    Aaron

    BigShae, Jun 20, 2006

  2. The below is another way to remove Cisco VPN Client.

    How to uninstall Cisco VPN client
    If above mentioned uninstall applications fail, you can uninstall Cisco VPN Client manually by deleting files and modifying the Microsoft Windows registry.To do that, please following these steps....
    http://www.howtonetworking.com/cisco/ciscovpnclient1.htm

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

    Robert L [MS-MVP], Jun 20, 2006

  3. BigShae

    BigShae Guest

    Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

    The install worked beautifully. I am going to update the VPN install
    documentation for our division.

    BigShae, Jun 21, 2006
  4. BigShae

    BigShae, Jun 21, 2006