    deleted files, they were backed up so I could easily
    recover them.

    Thank You!!!!

    HELP!!!!!!, Feb 28, 2005

  2. To see the replies to the earlier messages you need to click on the PLUS
    sign in front of the subject header. If this doesn't work for you, please
    try the Expand All button at the top of the set of messages.

    --
    FAQ for Microsoft Antispyware:

    Bill Sanderson, Feb 28, 2005

  3. HELP!!!!!!

    Louis Guest

    If you are using a router check if your IP Gateway has
    been changed to DHCP mode Check if your IP address has
    been removed. I don,t believe the Microsoft Antivirus
    program would choose Operating System files for virii.

    Louis.
    NOTE: My Routing and Remote Access NAT setup was changed
    in one of my installations.

    <---deleted stuff--->

    Louis, Feb 28, 2005
  4. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892350

    The issue in the above KB article is most likely the issue involved here.
    However, it is unclear whether the poster is able to see any replies, at
    least partly due to the ABYSMAL nature of the html interface she is using to
    post from.

    Bill Sanderson, Feb 28, 2005
  5. HELP!!!!!!

    Louis Guest

    In order not to spread misinformation two actions were
    taken at the time my problem developed, one was the
    installation of SCW ("Microsoft Security Configuration
    Wizard"), the other was Microsoft Antispyware. I then ran
    SCW's configuration. After that I could no longer get on
    the Internet. I looked along the route for internet access
    and saw the NAT IP NIC's IP address was removed.

    Seeing another user having a similar problem I suggested
    that a look on the system IP addresses. I would like to
    hear from "HELP!!!!!! if there was a solution found that
    corrected his/her problem.

    So HELP HELP.
    Louis.

    Louis, Mar 2, 2005
  6. HELP!!!!!!

    Scott Walker Guest

    Have you tryed doing a system restore? This may help get
    the files back

    Scott Walker, Mar 2, 2005
  7. HELP!!!!!!

    help!! Guest

    Yes, that is what I have been doing. I have been reading
    all the replies.

    all the replies.

    help!!, Mar 2, 2005
  8. HELP!!!!!!

    Help!!! Guest

    Could you please tell me how to do a system restore!!!

    Help!!!, Mar 2, 2005
  9. HELP!!!!!!

    Help!!! Guest

    Help!!!, Mar 2, 2005
  10. Then perhaps you missed this message that I wrote:

    If you are on Windows 2000, there is some effort involved. If you would
    prefer an automated tool, there are several third-party tools which can do
    this job effectively and easily.

    One of them is WinsockXPfix.exe.

    Here's a reputable reference to a source and clear instructions for using
    this tool:

    http://www.iup.edu/house/resnet/winfix.shtm

    Bill Sanderson, Mar 2, 2005
  11. Did you also run a scan, and remove some spyware, and reboot?

    If that sequence resulted in a loss of Internet connection, this is what I
    believe is involved:

    1) fix the Winsock LSP stack by using the information in this KB article,
    or, for some Windows versions, the one it links to:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892350

    2) If your machine is an ICS host on a small network, re-run the network
    setup wizard to re-establish ICS.

    Bill Sanderson, Mar 2, 2005
  12. System restore can fix the issue, but there are some complexities:

    1) on XP, SP2, the problem is easily fixed by netsh winsock reset.
    2) Even for earlier versions, either the stock KB fix for a broken Winsock
    LSP stack or using one of the utilities--is easy enough for most to manage.
    3) Using system restore restores all the spyware which was just removed.

    SR is a good idea when all the simpler remedies fail, but in this case there
    are a number of simpler remedies which haven't been tried yet.

    Bill Sanderson, Mar 2, 2005
  13. HELP!!!!!!

    Help Guest

    Thank You