Cannot get TPM recognized in Vista 64-bit or 32-bit

I am in desperate need of help here. I have an Intel D945GTPLKR as shown
here: http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/tp/tp_available.htm

I need to get the TPM recognized so I can perform testing in Vista that I
have to have done by the end of next week. None of the drivers I have been
able to find for the chip (an ST Microelectronics module) will run in Vista.
Also, there does not seem to be any native support for the chip since it does
not show up in device manager.

TPM is set to Enabled in the BIOS.

I am really under a crunch here, and got this board because I thought I
would have native support in Vista for the TPM chip on it. Even if there are
no released drivers I would be glad to get beta or alpha versions of drivers.
I have to get this working!

Thanks in advance

Is there any chance there is a driver in development right now? Would MS not
be working on it?

Has anyone gotten Vista to recognize the TPM chip on a Dell Latitude D620?
That's my only other option for testing this and I'm not even sure I can get
my hands on one in time.

Thanks

Richard G. Harper said:
You'd need to contact Intel (or the motherboard manufacturer) for the
drivers you need.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] (e-mail address removed)

Dan said:
[...]

Clint

AFAIK, MS doesn't do the drivers. It's up to the hardware manufacturer's to
make them, and then MS may include them in the installations.

Clint

Dan said:
[...]

Richard G. Harper

Microsoft doesn't do drivers - the hardware manufacturer does.

--

Dan said:
[...]

Thanks. What TPM chips DO have drivers that work in Vista? I don't see any
Vista drivers on the Dell site for their D620s, but I've seen reports of the
Broadcom chips in those working.

Richard G. Harper said:
[...]

this one is vista ready and works well in vista

http://www.infineon.com/cgi-bin/ifx.../channel/productOverview.jsp&pageTypeId=17099

:

[...]

Donald L McDaniel

Thanks. What TPM chips DO have drivers that work in Vista? I don't see any
Vista drivers on the Dell site for their D620s, but I've seen reports of the
Broadcom chips in those working.

I'm fairly sure that the Intel MB you referred to (or one like it) is
the one in the Dell Dimension E520 I recently ordered.

Although the CPU in my new Dell is a Core 2 Duo, not a Pentium D
("Duo-core"), and it doesn't have integrated video, as well as a few
other differences.

Dell is saying that this computer is Vista-ready, and even included a
free express upgrade to Vista Home Premium in my purchase.

Whether Vista itself even uses TPM chips I don't know. Unless
Microsoft wrote Vista to recognize such chips, any TPM chip would be
useless, anyway, no matter whether you had a driver or not.

Dan said:
[...]

Please reply to the original thread and newsgroup.

In the MS whitepaper TPM Services for Windows Longhorn there is the following
quote:
"the TPM Driver is a kernel-mode device driver designed for TPM chips that
conform to the TCG 1.2 specifications. Conformance to the TCG 1.2
specifications avoids the need for vendor-specific device drivers and
provides more platform stability."

This is what's confusing me about why this isn't working.

Richard G. Harper said:
[...]

Gary G. Little

Good luck. Thus far, the OEMs, Dell, HP, etc. have not stepped forward with
Vista drivers for the TPM.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Dan,
It's probably not a driver issue as much as a bios issue.
To get TPM to work, the TPM chip has to be 1.2 which it is, now you need to
check with the bios vendor to make sure the bios in that system supports
TPM running on Windows Vista and if not when they plan to have such an
update available.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<From: =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?= <[email protected]>
<Subject: Re: Cannot get TPM recognized in Vista 64-bit or 32-bit
<Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 18:48:02 -0800
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
<
<In the MS whitepaper TPM Services for Windows Longhorn there is the
following
<quote:
<"the TPM Driver is a kernel-mode device driver designed for TPM chips that
<conform to the TCG 1.2 specifications. Conformance to the TCG 1.2
<specifications avoids the need for vendor-specific device drivers and
<provides more platform stability."
<
<This is what's confusing me about why this isn't working.
<
<"km" wrote:
<
<> this one is vista ready and works well in vista
<>
<>
http://www.infineon.com/cgi-bin/ifx/portal/ep/channelView.do?channelId=-8461
4&channelPage=%2Fep%2Fchannel%2FproductOverview.jsp&pageTypeId=17099
<>
<> "Dan" wrote:
<>
<> > Thanks. What TPM chips DO have drivers that work in Vista? I don't
see any
<> > Vista drivers on the Dell site for their D620s, but I've seen reports
of the
<> > Broadcom chips in those working.
<> >
<> > "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
<> >
<> > > Microsoft doesn't do drivers - the hardware manufacturer does.
<> > >
<> > > --
<> > > Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] (e-mail address removed)
<> > > * NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/
<> > > * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
<> > > * The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/
<> > > * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
<> > >
<> > >
<> > > <> > > > Is there any chance there is a driver in development right now?
Would MS
<> > > > not
<> > > > be working on it?
<> > > >
<> > > > Has anyone gotten Vista to recognize the TPM chip on a Dell
Latitude D620?
<> > > > That's my only other option for testing this and I'm not even sure
I can
<> > > > get
<> > > > my hands on one in time.
<> > > >
<> > > > Thanks
<> > > >
<> > > > "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
<> > > >
<> > > >> You'd need to contact Intel (or the motherboard manufacturer) for
the
<> > > >> drivers you need.
<> > > >>
<> > > >> --
<> > > >> Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] (e-mail address removed)
<> > > >> * NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/
<> > > >> * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
<> > > >> * The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/
<> > > >> * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
<> > > >>
<> > > >>
<> > > >> <> > > >> >I am in desperate need of help here. I have an Intel D945GTPLKR
as
<> > > >> >shown
<> > > >> > here: http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/tp/tp_available.htm