    works fine with exchange, etc...
    Does anyone know why I can't connect with the wireless to exchange?
    Please advise and thanks.

    john doe, Aug 21, 2009

  2. Is it an internal to your company connection or an external connection?

    Vince Averello, Aug 21, 2009

  3. john doe

    john doe Guest

    Internal and thanks for your help.

    john doe, Aug 21, 2009
  4. Hmmm, check with your IT folk if they've got some sort of differences
    between the wireless & wired network. I know in our offices there's a
    firewall of sorts between the wireless net and the rest of our
    infrastructure.

    Vince Averello, Aug 21, 2009
  5. john doe

    john doe Guest

    I am the IT guy.
    We don't have a firewall between the wireless and our infrastructure.
    Thanks for the help.

    john doe, Aug 21, 2009
  6. Do you have a firewall, or different firewall settings, running on your
    wireless than on your wired connection on that laptop?

    Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from that laptop?

    --
    -Ben-
    Ben M. Schorr, MVP

    __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4357 (20090821) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Ben M. Schorr, MVP, Aug 22, 2009
  7. What version of exchange? Are you using outlook anywhere (rpc over http) or
    classic rpc? Did you check the connection status? (ctrl click the outlook
    icon in the tray)

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Outlook Tips by email:
    mailto:

    mailto:

    Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
    http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Aug 22, 2009
  8. john doe

    john doe Guest

    No, nothing is different. I've turned the firewall off on the vista laptop
    which turns it off for the wired and wireless.
    I can't ping the exchange server by name but I can ip address with the
    wireless connection.
    I can ping the exchange server by name and ip with the wired connection.

    john doe, Aug 24, 2009
  9. john doe

    john doe Guest

    Our exchange version is:
    ver 6.5 build 7638.2 sp2

    We are not using rpc over http. We are using the local lan.
    Here's the connection status error I get while using wireless:
    Task 'Microsoft Exchange' reported error (0x80040115): 'The
    connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must
    be online or connected to complete this action.'

    Everything is fine with the wired. Even with the wireless I can
    still surf the web, etc... except for getting my email via exchange
    into Outlook 2007.

    john doe, Aug 24, 2009
  10. Sounds like you have a DNS issue on the wireless LAN adapter. Check the
    TCP/IP settings on the wireless adapter and make sure you've got the right
    DNS servers assigned.

    Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
    http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

    __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4363 (20090824) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Ben M. Schorr, MVP, Aug 24, 2009
  11. john doe

    john doe Guest

    Yes, you are right. The DNS was wrong on the wireless. Thank you for your
    help.
    Much appreciated and solved.
    Thanks

    john doe, Aug 25, 2009