    Windows XP Home. Any suggestions???

    --
    Ron

    Guest, Jun 29, 2006

    Malke Guest

    Ron wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I receive a cannot find server - page cannot be displayed message when
    > I try
    > to access my smc7004ABR router web page. Without the router I can
    > access the
    > internet but there are some sites that I receive the same error.
    > Those sites
    > are ok because I can access them from a different computer. The OS is
    > Windows XP Home. Any suggestions???

    Sounds like a dodgy router. Reset the router to factory condition and
    try again. If it still doesn't work, replace the router.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Jun 29, 2006

    Chuck Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 07:11:02 -0700, Ron <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >I receive a cannot find server - page cannot be displayed message when I try
    >to access my smc7004ABR router web page. Without the router I can access the
    >internet but there are some sites that I receive the same error. Those sites
    >are ok because I can access them from a different computer. The OS is
    >Windows XP Home. Any suggestions???

    Ron,

    If you're having trouble accessing the router, as Malke suggests, the router
    might be dodgy. If you also have trouble accessing some Internet sites, when
    the router is NOT connected, then the computer itself might be dodgy.

    Start by checking the network card, and the cable from the computer.
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/dealing-with-physical-network-problems.html>
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/dealing-with-physical-network-problems.html

    Then check for LSP / Winsock corruption.
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/problems-with-lsp-winsock-layer-in.html>
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/problems-with-lsp-winsock-layer-in.html

    --
    Cheers,