Outlook Cannot delete messages in Outlook Express

Reaction score
Hi

I opened up Outlook Express today to discover that I suddenly cannot delete emails from my inbox - nor can I move emails between boxes. I've done some research on the net and see others have had this problem but haven't come across any solution. Anybody come across this and more importantly know how to fix it?

Cheers

Atheana

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Which version of outlook express do you have?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you get an error when you try to delete them?

It may be worth emptying your deleted items folder in OE and then compacting your folders (File> Folder > Compact All Folders).

I'm assuming it is courruption and if the above doesn't fix it then you may need to create a new OE store file and import anything you can from your old inbox.

Reaction score
cheers for your reply. The only time I get an error message is either when I try to delete the email when it's open or when I try to move it to the delete box (interestingly enough I can move a message to any other box).

What do you mean by you may need to create a new OE store file and import anything you can from your old inbox.?

Ask a Question