    settings and controls.

    thanks,you can respond to

    TROY

    TROY, Jan 15, 2004

  2. TROY

    Guest Guest

    web

    Guest, Jan 15, 2004

  3. TROY

    Drew Tognola Guest

    troy,
    i found this message on the web. it sounds like your problem. I cut & pasted
    just the info you need. here it is:

    "It consists of a type of browser hijacking, I believe, caused by spyware
    installing a BHO, or Browser Helper Object.
    To fix the problem, you must edit your registry, so back it up first! Simply
    delete this key:"

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr
    entVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects

    "Remember, if it doesn't work for you, restore your registry from a recent
    backup! It has worked for many people, though, including me."

    ps-If you want the site I found this fix. go here:
    http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread1775.html
    Drew

    Drew Tognola, Jan 15, 2004
  4. TROY

    Malke Guest

    TROY wrote:

    > I Just bought a brand new computer with windows XP Home
    > Edition,And I have road runner Installed,every time a web
    > page opens,I cannot click the x to close it at all,If I
    > visit 10 pages,all 10 remain open until I shut off the
    > computer,all I wanna do Is be able to close a web page.
    >
    > Anybody know whats wrong,I already checked all my web
    > settings and controls.
    >
    > thanks,you can respond to
    >
    > TROY

    You probably have a spyware infestation. Remove spyware with Spybot
    Search & Destroy from www.security.kolla.de and Ad-aware from
    www.lavasoftusa.com. Be sure to update these programs before running
    them. It is best to run antivirus and spyware removal tools in Safe
    Mode. Also, be sure you have a current (post-2002 version using updated
    definitions) antivirus program installed.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Jan 15, 2004
  5. TROY

    Jim Macklin Guest

    Some webpages block the close command or will open a new
    window when you try to close. Since you are on cable
    (RoadRunner) this happens very fast.

    Get Zone Alarm (free from www.zonelabs.com ) It is a
    firewall and it puts an icon in the system tray (red and
    yellow ZA) which has a right click menu with option to STOP
    ALL INTERNET ACTIVITY. When you get trapped, right click,
    select stop, close the windows and then right click and
    enable again.

    Jim Macklin, Jan 15, 2004
  6. TROY

    Wesley Vogel Guest

    TROY;
    Besides the other good advice posted in this thread, Ctrl + W will
    close open IE windows.
    10 open windows Ctrl + W 9 or 10 times.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.