    "Default" button -- but nothing else).

    What's happened? How can I re-enabled the Trusted Sites settings?
    Frank D. Nicodem, Jr.

    Frank D. Nicodem, Jr., Dec 10, 2004

  2. P.S. This is Windows XP Service Pack 1

    Frank D. Nicodem, Jr., Dec 10, 2004

  3. Frank D. Nicodem, Jr.

    Ramesh [MVP] Guest

    Frank,

    Open Regedit and navigate to:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\2

    (* If per-machine Security settings are enabled, navigate to the path under HKLM *)

    In the right-pane, double-click "Flags" and click "Decimal"

    Note down the value data and post here.

    More Information:

    Description of Internet Explorer security zones registry entries:

    "Flags" value explained in the above page. You may want to add "3" to the existing Flags value:
    1 Allow changes to custom settings (Custom-level Slider)
    2 Allow users to add Web sites to this zone (The "Sites" button)

    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Frank D. Nicodem, Jr." <> wrote in message news:...
    I'm trying to do maintenance on my Windows XP Security settings for Trusted
    Sites. I open the Internet Options window, and go to the Security tab. I
    can select any of the other zones (i.e., Internet, Local Internet,
    Restricted Sites), and I can change the sliders, click on "Sites" to modify
    the sites list for that zone, or click on "Custom" to set it up exactly as I
    want.

    But when I select the "Trusted Sites" zone, everything but the slider is
    disabled -- grayed out. I cannot select "Sites" -- either to see, or to
    modify, the sites list for Trusted Sites. I cannot click on "Custom" to set
    up my own settings. Nothing is enabled but the slider -- which I can move
    up and down (and when I move it away from Low, it *does* enable the

    Frank D. Nicodem, Jr., Dec 10, 2004
  5. Frank D. Nicodem, Jr.

    Ramesh [MVP] Guest

    You're welcome, Frank.

    Ramesh [MVP], Dec 10, 2004
  6. Frank D. Nicodem, Jr.

    Majestabecca

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    im having same issue with my windows explorer 7 for vista. but im not exactly that pc literate. and am not sure how to fix this issue. if anyone can help i would really really appreciate it. thanks becca :))

    Majestabecca, Jun 16, 2011