    However, I am the only user of my laptop (it's a home computer) so I am the
    Administrator. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

    TIA ~purplegrrl~

    purplegrrl, Aug 22, 2006

  2. purplegrrl

    Will Denny Guest

    Hi

    Try a System Restore back to a point before the problem started.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    Will Denny, Aug 22, 2006

  3. purplegrrl

    purplegrrl Guest

    Hi Will - thanks for that....but it was months ago that I changed to the
    larger DPI so not quite sure when the prob started!! I did do a system
    restore last week in any case to help with another prob - but I was already
    having this current prob before and after that system restore.

    I read an answer to another post regarding someone not having admin rights -
    it involved restarting in Safe Mode then logging into the Admin account
    (rather than my usual one). So I just tried that but the Admin account asks
    me for a password - I have no idea what it is!!As I am the only user of this
    laptop I never set any login passwords. I also tried just clicking enter
    with no password but I couldn't get past it.

    Will keep scouring - thanks again for your quick reply.

    purplegrrl, Aug 22, 2006
  4. purplegrrl

    purplegrrl Guest

    > Will keep scouring - thanks again for your quick reply.

    Sorry - when I read that back it sounded ambiguous!! I meant "I" will keep
    scouring (Google etc for a fix!!)

    purplegrrl, Aug 22, 2006
  5. purplegrrl

    Homer S. Guest

    On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 20:58:44 +1000, "purplegrrl" <purplegrrl@whatever>
    wrote:

    >Hi. I want to change my DPI Setting back to Normal Size 96 DPI from 120.
    >When I click APPLY I get a dialogue box telling me the required files are
    >already installed on my hard disk, setup can use these files or can recopy
    >them from my Windows CD. I have tried both options but I still get the
    >following error no matter which I use:
    >
    >Windows Setup has not changed the requested settings. You may not have the
    >required Admin privilege to install or uninstall new files or drivers.
    >Please contact your Administrator.
    >
    >However, I am the only user of my laptop (it's a home computer) so I am the
    >Administrator. Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    >
    >TIA ~purplegrrl~

    Check for a virus/spyware/worm/trojan/etc. - these types of infections
    will sometimes prevent you from making any changes to Windows because
    they think you're trying to get rid of them - self preservation, I would
    assume. Try this: http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

    Good Luck,
    Homer J.

    Homer S., Aug 24, 2006